There is nothing wrong with arranging your furniture the way you feel is most comfortable but there are ways to do it in a neat way. Every room has a comfortable set up that you can appreciate. In this instance, we will be discussing the bedroom mistakes that you could be making.
- The door has a path that needs to be considered when rearranging furniture in your bedroom. About a meter needs to be left around the area of the door for comfortable movement. Your bed should be either in the centre of the room or pushed to the side to leave space for the door.
- Considering plug points is also important. Many people take their phones to their rooms to charge at night. Often, we place the phone on our bedside table for easy reach. Either you need to have an extension cord that runs along your wall or you need to be closer to the plug point. You also need to make sure that nothing is covering the plug point for safety and practical reasons.
- Pushing the bed against the wall or to one side of the room is perfectly fine. Pushing the bed towards the curtains has rules, though. Your curtains should not be trapped behind the bed making it impossible to open them. You might also tear them if you pull too hard when opening and closing them.
- Having your furniture pushed to one side of the room might be comfortable for you but also think about how it looks. Try to spread out the furniture so that it can be easily accessible to you. For instance, keep your bookshelf close to your bed or desk. You can place your wardrobe against the opposite wall to even out the layout of the room.
- Keep a chair close by to your bed. Many people leave clothes on the bed when they remove them but when going to bed they might throw them on the floor. To avoid getting clean clothes dirty, keep that chair close to your bed for this purpose.
- Mirrors should be against a blank wall. Wall mounted mirrors might be the best if you have a small bedroom because it will free up floor space. The best place to have a wall mounted mirror is close to the door because it doesn’t interfere with the opening and closing path of the door.
You should always consider the most comfortable place to put your furniture but you also need it to be practical about it. Your bedroom also needs to look good so your gorgeous popular furniture items should enhance the overall décor of the bedroom.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9822318